Thursday, February 21, 2013

Baileys


So, while this is not particularly Irish (although they do eat a lot of oatmeal, which they call porridge of course), I have had this weird desire to make an egg in a piece of toast. However, in my mind it looked a lot prettier than what actually came out here.

Besides my attempt to make eggs in toast, I find that I'm getting really tired of cooking all the time. When I go home its always fun to cook since at school I either use the microwave a lot or use my meal plan to get food in the student union (and by meal plan I essentially mean Starbucks lol). But here I don't have a microwave or a meal plan, and Starbucks is really expensive, so I find myself having to cook something every time I'm hungry. In the U.S. we have this instant gratification mentality that most of us don't even realize we have, and I am definitely realizing how very American I am the longer I live here in Ireland. Its amazing how much we can learn from something as simple as differences in what we eat and how we eat.

Speaking of food, I managed to get free food again last night! For those of you who know me well, and as I've probably mentioned multiple times before, I LOVE food. Any food really...but especially if its free. It turns out that joining the choral society was not only good for musical fulfillment but also has potential for me to get free food every once in a while. Our practice ended with all of us heading to Scholars - a cafe/bar on campus and getting not only free food but a free drink as well. So of course I took advantage of the free alcohol and got my first Baileys, which tastes just as good if not better than it does in the States. Music, free food, and Baileys...definitely a good night.

Other than that its been a pretty quiet week, and surprisingly a really dry week as well. Today marks the fourth day of sun in a row I believe...which may just be a record for Irish winter (not really but it feels like it to those of us who were getting a bit tired of trudging back and forth from classes through the wind and rain).

I'm not sure if I am going on another trip this weekend or not, but either way hopefully I'll have some more pics to share with you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment